Dean of School of Information and Communication Engineering Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications
Prof. LIU Yunjie is an Academician member of China Engineering Academy,Director of the Science and Technology Committee of China Unicom. He took aleading role in the design, construction and operation of the national public datanetwork, computer Internet and high-speed broadband, which have been animportant basis for the construction of information society in China. He alsoplayed the leading role in the design, construction and operation of China UniNet(A unified network platform for multiple services), which provides a feasiblesolution for the network convergence. It has been a successful practiceimplemented on a large-scale in the evolution to the next generation network(NGN). He has received a first grade National Prize for Progress in Science &Technology, and twice received the first grade Ministerial Prize for Progress inScience & Technology. He has obtained two national invention patents, andpublished 59 papers and 7 academic books.
Academician LIU Yunjie writes an inscription for the school brochures"The school of information and communication engineering inBeijing University of Posts an Telecommunications will upholdthe spirit of 'Unity, Diligentness, Strictness and Innovation',build the first-class disciplines of information communicationtechnology, constantly provide outstanding personnel for thestate and society development, and explore the bright futureof the information technology."
Norman C. Beaulieu
Norman C. Beaulieu is an Academician of Canada and an Academician of Italy, a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada, Fellow of the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers), Fellow of the IET (Institution of Engineering and Technology), Fellow of the EIC (Engineering Institute of Canada), Fellow of the CAE (Canadian Academy of Engineering), NSERC E.W.R. Steacie Memorial Fellow, and Copernicus Visiting Fellow (Italy). Now he is a Thousand Talents Foreign Expert Professor in Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT).
Professor Norman C. Beaulieu conducts research on communication theory and applications, including channel modeling and estimation, simulation techniques, cooperative communication networks, communication signal processing, and MIMO. He has published more than 300 IEEE journal papers, and more than 400 conference papers. Dr. Beaulieu has applied for 17 US or Canadian patents, among which, 9 US patents and 1 Canadian patent have been issued.
Professor Beaulieu has received many international awards, some of which are:
1. He received the “State Especially Recruited Expert Certificate” from the Minister of Human Resources and Social Security, Yin Weimin, in 2015.
2. He was awarded the IEEE Edwin Howard Armstrong Achievement Award for
3. He was awarded the 2014 IEEE Communication Theory Technical Committee Award “for fundamental work on the analysis of fading channels and diversity systems.”
4. He was the inaugural recipient (2013) of the IEEE Signal Processing and Communications Electronics Technical Recognition Award.
5. He received the IEEE Communications Society Radio Communications Committee (RCC) 2011 Technical Recognition Award “for contributions to radio communications research and practice.”
6. He received the 2010 IEEE Canada R. A. Fessenden Silver Medal “For outstanding contributions in wireless communications theory”.
7. He was bestowed the J Gordin Kaplan Award for Excellence in Research at the University of Alberta.
8. He was given the Thomas W. Eadie Medal of the Royal Society of Canada.
9. He was awarded the Médaille K.Y. Lo Medal of the Engineering Institute of Canada